The UCR School of Public Policy and Public Policy Institute of California co-hosted a discussion on immigration in the Inland Empire, with support from The California Endowment. Speakers discussed challenges facing the I.E. and California with changing immigration policy at the federal and state level. Panelists included practitioners, researchers, and community activists, including: Karthick Ramakrishnan (UC Riverside), Mark Baldassare (PPIC), Margarita Luna (The California Endowment), Cecilia Ayon (UC Riverside), Luz Gallegos (TODEC Legal Center), Dianey Murillo (IEIYC), and Johnson Pham (UC Riverside).
- Directions to UCR: https://www.ucr.edu/about/directions.html
- Location of venue: http://campusmap.ucr.edu/?loc=BARN
- Parking is free for this event for non-UCR attendees. Please follow street signage to the assigned parking lot.
- We can make reasonable accommodations for those with special needs if informed at least two weeks ahead of the event date.
- 5:30 p.m. – Welcoming remarks
- 5:40-6:10 p.m. – Conversation between Mark Baldassare (PPIC) and Karthick Ramakrishnan (UC Riverside)
- 6:10-6:20 p.m.- Q & A
- 6:20-6:50 p.m. – Panel discussion
- 6:50-7:00 p.m. – Audience Q & A
- 7:00 p.m. – Adjourn for 30 minute reception