The Social Innovation Institute is a professional enrichment opportunity designed to provide nonprofit professionals with resources and tools that elevate their work and cultivate their leadership potential. The goal of the Social Innovation Institute is to identify and support bold, emerging leaders in the Inland Empire’s nonprofit sector. Through the power of peer support, networks, and cutting-edge skills, this Institute provides participants with a place to foster engagement and innovation.
The Social Innovation Institute focuses on three major components: Data and Technology (Policy Intelligence, Market Intelligence, Community Resources), Narrative Change (Framing, Messaging, Storytelling), and Action (Civic Engagement, Advocacy, and Enterprise). These three components move the discussion from traditional capacity building approaches to transformative tools and strategies for the nonprofit sector in the Inland Empire.
This inaugural cohort will meet for 2 two-day sessions at UC Riverside where they will learn from leading social innovators from the region and engage with each other on how to cultivate and sustain their work in the IE’s nonprofit sector.
The Social Innovation Institute is made possible by generous support from The Weingart Foundation and James Irvine Foundation.
- Applicants must be employed at a nonprofit (501(c)3) organization located in the Inland Empire.
- Applicants must have their own transportation and be able to travel to seminars at UC Riverside.
- Participants are required to attend all sessions that will be held July 12-13 and August 9-10, 2018 at UC Riverside.
The full costs of this Institute is $2,000 per person but with generous support from The Weingart Foundation and James Irvine Foundation, we are able to offer it for a drastically reduced fee. This nominal fee is required to secure participation in the CSI Social Innovation Institute. Fee is based on organizational annual budget:
- $25 Annual budget less than $250,000
- $50 $250,000 and $499,999
- $100 $500,000 to $1,000,000
- $250 Over $1,000,000
Lodging for participants that live over 50 miles away from Riverside, California will be provided during the program. More information about the summer institute schedule and curriculum can be found here.
How to Apply
To be considered for the 2018 class of CSI Social Innovation Institute, you must submit your application by midnight on Friday, June 1, 2018.
We require that candidates submit the three central application components that are considered by our Social Innovation Institute Selection Committee:
- Resume: Your professional resume
- Application: Complete the Online Application for the UCR CSI Social Innovation Institute
- Submit program fee (see fee payment scale) upon admission into the program
Please submit the above documents electronically no later than Friday, June 1, 2018 before midnight.
For additional information, please contact: Associate Director Michelle Magalong at firstname.lastname@example.org