Exciting New Chapter: CSI Research Manager Gary Rettberg to Join the Center for Health Outcomes and Policy Research at the University of Pennsylvania

Dear Colleagues and Friends,

I am thrilled to announce that as of February 1st, I will be embarking on a new professional journey as a Research Project Manager for the Center for Health Outcomes and Policy Research (CHOPR) at the University of Pennsylvania. This move marks a significant milestone in my career, one filled with immense gratitude and excitement for the future.

Since 1989 (the year I was born!), CHOPR has stood at the forefront of researching the impact of nursing on healthcare outcomes and policy. The Center's work has been pivotal in shaping healthcare systems globally, emphasizing the importance of nursing in patient outcomes and the broader healthcare landscape. I’m very excited to join their amazing team and to contribute to the center’s ongoing research. 

Reflecting on my time at the Center for Social Innovation at UC Riverside since 2019, I have been fortunate to work on numerous impactful projects, including the comprehensive "State of" report series which delved into various aspects of life in Southern California's Inland Empire. My role as Research Manager allowed me to lead a talented team of researchers, exploring topics ranging from civic engagement and health to community development and public policy. You can explore the different research topics we’ve covered over the years here: https://socialinnovation.ucr.edu/research 

As I transition to CHOPR, I look forward to bringing my experience in public policy research and project management to a new context, contributing to the center's mission of improving healthcare systems and policies. I am excited to work alongside a team of esteemed professionals committed to making a difference in the health outcomes of communities.

I want to express my deepest gratitude to all my colleagues at the Center for Social Innovation for their support, collaboration, and inspiration. The experiences and learnings I gained here have been invaluable and will undoubtedly guide me in my new role at UPenn.

Here's to a new chapter of growth, learning, and impact!

Warm regards,

Gary Rettberg
Research Project Manager

Gary Rettberg Headshot