Ting said applications should be released to community organizations this month, with the process overseen by the state Department of Social Services. Elements of the fund include $10 million set-asides in each of several key areas:
• The Stop AAPI Hate coalition, which operates a website, based out of UC San Francisco, to track anti-Asian and Pacific Islander hate, and push for effective responses.
• The AAPI Data Project for policy research and collection of demographic data.
• Anti-bias and restorative justice programs in schools.
• Ethnic media outlets serving the state’s Asian American communities.
• Creation of a new statewide hotline to report hate crimes and related incidents, along with providing information on resources for victims of such incidents.